Homecoming Review

2018 Queen Hetvi Patwa   accepted the crown from 2017 queen Brianna McFrarland and posed with her court.

Homecoming week 2018 has come to an end. Homecoming week started with events such as pajama day, tacky tourist day, USA day, jersey day, and ended with everyone wearing their class colors. The highlight of the week was the pep rally on Friday. Events started with the fall sports teams walking into the stadium with their coaches. Directly following the cheerleaders performance was the homecoming court competition. The homecoming court was Julia Evernham, Jackie Repp, Meghan Labbree, Lauren Hengy, Alexa Haralambous, Hetvi Patwa, AJ Butler, Anthony Brasco, Peter Bernardino, Aneas McGruder, Ryan Ayars, and Sai Ramrajesh.The competition consisted of the girls dressing  in a full football uniform and throwing a football to their awaiting partner. The winner of this event was Jackie Repp. Following this, Sai Ramherdesh was crowned homecoming king. Then the classes competed in tug of war, freshmen vs. seniors and sophomores vs. juniors. The seniors and juniors won both of their matches. To break apart the final tug of war, four teachers went face to face in a donut eating competition. It would be an understatement to say the crowd was blown away to see Mr. Fiocco (who represented the junior class) win the competition by eating 36 donuts in a minute. The second place winner was Mr. Syed who  represented the senior class. The final tug of war against the juniors and seniors resulted in the final win for the senior class. In order from first to last place, the winners were seniors, juniors, sophomores, than freshmen. At the homecoming game, it was announced that Hetvi Patwa was homecoming queen.The “whole new world” theme dance was a success! It took place on Saturday October 20th from 6-9:30. The dance featured a desert bar, two djs, and spectacular decorations. A majority of the decorations for the dance was created by the student council. Homecoming 2018 was a night to remember.

P

John Retkovis
The court gathers around Sai at the pep rally.

John